Thursday, October 13, 2011

sometimes i wish...

i was a poet. because then, i'd have the talent to turn yesterdays crap-tas-tic quilting adventure into a masterpiece of wisdom

( or some other such baloney ! )


all i wanted to do was prep my postage stamp quilt for my boy toy's Birthday today ( and yes, i actually did think i could whip this monster out with the help of my new serger... so naive of me! ) ... who knew, that it would take all stinkin day! ;P i really should have realized something was off ( and by something, i mean.... me! ) when it took almost an hour of pulling fabrics to decide on the sashing???




and since this quilt is very Deep in color, kinda Dreamy and Romantic looking to me... i grabbed my very favorite Ikea flat sheet to back it with! most of you know what a sheet floozy i truly am! i have to have a soft/ satin-ish feeling backs on my quilts... i just have too! i love it soooOOOoo much!




that's when the fun ended for the day though... because in a complete brain fart moment during a ridiculous sale at Joann's Fabric, I thought i'd try there 80/20 blend of batting! wrong move. real wrong. never again kinda wrong... ya feel me! now, maybe some of you all have the magic touch with this stuff, but i clearly do not. in fact, i'll give you the three words i was snarling all day while working with said batting.
Flat Cotton Ball!


now add some basting spray and you've got yourself... one big o'le cussing party of fun on a 70 X 80" quilt! Let's just all say a quick prayer of "thanks", that my children were at school for that little show!! can we??... good grief! Thankfully, i did beat that hurdle and my quilt is prepped and ready to be quilted... thankfully, i'm so thankful it's over... thank you quilt for being sandwiched!


now...  to go try to make a cake from scratch! and i'm so not a baker... i feel round two coming up pretty solidly for me today! sigh... hope's yours will be less challenging!! LOL


Xo, Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment