Monday, March 19, 2012

a winner and a method to my madness!! :P

Okay... ya big winner... I will say, the competition was rich and it was more than a close race... but, i think i spit my coffee out on my laptop on this one!

( and yeah.. it helped a bunch... that i read it, as if i actually had an Irish accent! )


RenegadeQuilter said...
So here is a joke that I hope makes you laugh.


John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of
me life, between the legs of me wife!"


That won him the top prize at the pub for the best toast of the night!


He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the Best
toast of the night."


She said, "Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?"


John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church
beside me wife."


"Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!" Mary said.


The next day, Mary ran into one of John's drinking buddies on the street
corner. The man chuckled leeringly and said, "John won the prize the
other night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary."


She said, "Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised myself. You know,
he's only been in there twice in the last four years. Once he fell
asleep, and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him
come."


Hope your laughing
renegadequilter at hotmail dot com


Contact me with your info!! :D Congrats!... THAT was good!! :P




SooOoo...  thought i'd write about something that's been on my mind lately..


Why do you sew??? Good question, yeah??... I started sewing to relieve stress and find myself a little… Heather time. Not Mom or Wife time, but for my… greedy, little self kinda time! First… I just really wanted to learn something new, eh… something mine.  That I didn’t want or have to share with anyone. Something that took me away from my everyday life struggles and kept my mind off other things besides the newest and greatest medical advice… call it a coping mechanism to raising a child with Autism, but then… it kinda changed…?? Who knew?? Shocked the hell out of me!  and i'm just too pleased about it too!!  ;D


I’ve had a… few requests asking me to explain my sewing process. And all I could honestly think each time I received one of these emails was, HHhmmm… damn good question, really! LOL  Although, I don’t honestly think I have one. Now, mind you I realize how ridiculous that sounds considering I’ve been blessed with beloved friendships of some of the most amazing, diligent artists in this industry and I also realize that for whatever crazy-ass reason they dig what I do, but it’s true all the same. And yeah… many O’h days… I’m more than convinced they’re going to finally figure out what a poser I truly am! hahaha...




And then… it dawns on me, they must like it when I cuss at them! LOL just kidding (kind of!) :P Honestly though… this is my process. Legitimately… no bullshit.


- I get ready each morning, like I’m going to run into some old  high school friend that I haven’t seen in like 15 years. YOU, really do need to look your best, get’s you in the right mindset! I can’t be me in pajamas… it's just too comfortable for my manic personality.


- After I drop my boys off at school, I drink another cup of coffee (downed THAT first cup... just trying to wake up to fight another day !), surf the web for a minute and regard all my amazing peer's work, and then I turn UP the radio. Loud, not easy on the neighbors loud, but scream sing LOUD! 
(boy toy bought me a bigg’in!)


- I focus on one project and that person who it’ll be for, and close my eyes… letting my music take me away. I feel it… period. The words, the rhythm, the beat… then I sing and dance to it  in the comfort of my mind. Till, I have goose bumps! Truth.


- Then I pull fabrics, cut those bastards up and re-sew them together. One block at a time. Always. Every block has an identity, a perspective on my feelings while I built it. Hump… kinda sappy actually, but real.




Yeah… I'm cool with my crazy. I know this is not the norm… but, I’m really not interested in being the norm. I’m interested in being me… and I have to feel my art, before and during the time that I’m making it. It is my treasured hobby, my escape… I would never tarnish it by being half-ass toward it's construction, but if it doesn’t hold any emotions… then it’s just empty to me.  period.




Meh… there it is kids…ha!  why do you sew?? I’d love to know!! You can tell a sista!! :P
X, Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment