Monday, March 5, 2012

busy little bee!!

i've been a busy little bee lately, i have. i recently decided to open my own Lounge/ Studio to teach sewing and design to children (and maybe some adults!)out of my home, so we've been living in a bit of a construction zone! I'm terribly excited about this endeavor, since i really lOVE the craft and art of sewing. I can't wait to teach and encourage kids to jump in, and get lost in this art!!


Too many of our educational programs have been cut from our public schools and it would deeply sadden me beyond words, that the opportunity to learn this trade could be lost to so many. So, after a lot of thought, I decided it would be my honor to show youngsters how it's done!! Add that to my spicy nature, and i think we're going to have a pretty cool time together! you can learn more about this process for me, here.


I also started on some adorable little trinkets this weekend with my Lorax fabric by Robert Kaufman!... seems only fitting since the movie just came out and killed it in the box office!! I can't wait to grab a free couple hours and go indulge in it!! :D








OOOhh... and looky, looky what came this week! my new stash of Nancy Drew books!! I never read these as a child, but the Yams have set out to read them together... so, i couldn't resit purchasing a lot with my Sista Monica! lOVE them!!



 I really need more time in the day! :P




off, to get a million things done!! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!
x, Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment