Friday, December 23, 2011

Celebrate!


I have been writing this post in my
head for a long time.




A long time.




And now that the time has come to
actually write it, I am almost a loss for words.




This never happens to me.




For those of you that don’t know, I
have been a wedding planner for more than 18 years now, and I love every minute
of it. My life has changed irrevocably because of you, my readers, my clients,
the vendors that I love like family, you have all touched my heart and because
of you, my life is full.




So much has changed in 18 years,
married, started MasterPiece Weddings, did some amazing weddings, cancer, I
kicked it’s ass, we can’t have babies, oh wait, we did, and Gabriel has changed
my heart forever, incredible clients with amazing weddings, cancer again,
kicked it’s ass again, oh another  baby….
Zachary has shown us how big your heart can grow. These two widdle miracles
have forever changed our lives. Seriously.




I love my life! I love my clients! I
have countless clients that have had babies, we’ve even done a few weddings for
client’s children –that means I am getting OLD! But I am seriously blessed to
have played even a small role in the beginning of their lives together.




I have countless letters from
clients thanking me for the hard work, and how much relief they felt from me
planning their event, but really, honestly, I have learned so much from my
clients, who I now count as friends, each one hold a special place within my
heart. And it is with that knowledge, that I will move forward and grow,
professionally and personally.




Life has given me so much to be
thankful for, there are not too many people who can say with a smile on their
face that they have started a business, grown it, nurtured it and watched it
grow for 18 years. I have.




But, it is time to move on.




So, I am proud to announce that
starting January 1st, the new Owner and Lead Planner of MasterPiece
Weddings is Rachel Griffin! You will learn more about Rachel soon! Rachel has
so much to share and tons of energy, you will love her! That’s right, I am
retiring from Wedding Planning.




Don’t fear, or fret, this blog is
not going anywhere, I am still going to be writing it, and have SO much in
store for the blog! Plenty of product reviews, absolutely incredible weddings
to show you, details, and  ideas galore.
Please don’t think that I am leaving you, I am still going to be write here
(pun totally intended) – Rachel and MasterPiece Weddings will have a whole new
blog to share with you.




There is plenty of fun still up my
sleeve and many new projects to start.




So, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment