Friday, December 23, 2011

2012...?? Sounds fun!

I've been thinking a lot about 2012 and my personal sewing goals that i'd like to pull off lately!! I feel pretty comfortable that i'm not the only one doing this right now either! LOL And, one of the main "Bummer's" of 2011 year for me, was that i didn't do a single quilt-a-long! not in any way... no participation, period! sooOOOOo lame! :(


So this year, i've given it a lot of thought and i've decided to run one ( with friends of course!!). I'm a bit bad at the whole "have to do it RIGHT NOW" kind of quilt alongs, hence a "work at your own pace" one sounds just perfect to me! hehehe...




I also, really liked the idea of a Sampler Quilt like the most beloved Farmer's Wife... but, alas i just never connected to it. I'm just to "City" to farm. But, i think i have found the perfect combination to meet in the middle!  We'll be using the enduring book, "The Civil War Diary Quilt" book as my guide. I instantly fell in love with the stories of the women living during the Civil War and the quilt blocks they inspired. They are tend to be more gritty, edgy, and more masculine looking in nature then the Farmer's Wife blocks ( though i lOVE "most" of them too ). Kinda like me! LOL






I'd love for you to join me and my lovely friends; Amanda, Lisa, and Shelly as we journey through this account of our American quilt history!!! :)  We've started a little Flickr group to support our creations if you're interested in joining us!!


( please note: this book does not give you the math for the blocks and is a foundation pieced adventure, whether using freezer paper or fabric.  I would also suggest looking through the digital images provided by Amazon to verify if this quilting book is a good fit with your current skill level.  I'll be pulling out some hair on more than one block!!  LOL )




Hope to see you there!!
Xo, heather




No comments:

Post a Comment