Friday, January 6, 2012

so... thankful!!

it's usually this time of year that we all take a good, strong look at ourselves ( and our lives ) to see what we can improve. i know my Christmas ass has been on the treadmill this past week (let's just keep it real)!! but, a good friend of my mine reminded me of another way we could improve ourselves... charities!


i love my friend for always reminding me of how thankful i am for what i have been given and how there are always people who could use a little support sometimes. i've done a lot of charity work in the past, but i have a couple plans for this year that i'm super excited about!


first is making baby quilts for Project Linus!! this is such an amazing charity that i can easily support through out the year and hopefully make a small difference in a family's life during a rough time!! :)


Laurie Wisbrun's new fabric line Modern Whimsy by Robert Kaufman is a perfect fabric line to start with ( in my opinion... hahaha ) so, i'm off! I'm hoping for at least 6 quilts that i can give this year, but i'm really wanting to give 10! cross your fingers, k!!






OOOhhhh.. and i did whoop up a couple more Civil War Diary blocks... still loving them! sigh....








i'd love to hear how you all are going to improve your already great lives!


Xo, Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment