Monday, April 2, 2012

Confessions of a blogger.

Here it is… I’m burning into my 3rd year blogging, ha! ( i'm such an old lady!) whatever that means… and it’s amazing. Not because I give a rat’s ass as to what I’m doing, but because of what all these other clever… much more business savvy, talented folks are earning that call me a friend. Yes, I did say, “Earning”… they work for the right of your respect, admiration and trust. Trust... that they not only can give you the promise… of “fabulous in all things they do”, but also deliver on the goods. These are my kids (peeps from the beginning), who have had a bit a dream, really, and it was so incredibly vivid… that others flocked to them without thought . what a damn statement to have made, right??!!


If you’ve read my blog at all over the minutes I’ve been around, you’d already know how much I respect and honor,  those that I believe have earned it in my book. They make clever… ridiculously smart, and just bloody brilliant designs. here's some of their eye candy... you can link on there photo's to see more of their work!


Monica.
Winterkist (by me!)


Ashley.
a lovely llama quilt


Amber.
hello


Nova.
nesting fabric bowls


and Elizabeth.



here's the thing... i don't give a shit that these women could rule the modern quilting world for any reason... maybe they are more clever, more imaginative, more whimsical, and even more swanky... than me. i don't care... because when we were all just tadpoles in this pond... they liked me. simple, really. they just liked me for all my manly style, trucker mouth and big o'le heart.


so... i will always honor my kids for what they are and who they have become. It takes a proud woman to claim her friends to be more clever then herself. There is never shame in giving honor to those who deserve it. period. IT WILL NEVER MAKE YOU LESS, FOR APPRECIATING OTHERS. it makes you... humble.


and while, i continue building my new sewing studio... i'm so grateful to take this time to appreciate my peers art and creativity. i'm blessed to be in their company. i feel pretty damn confidant that i wouldn't be interested in this art... if i wasn't surrounded by the positive.




embrace yourselves girls... we're all the shit, in our own way. that does NOT make us less!  hear me... this is truth!!!... it makes us unique!!!  lOVE our sister's and embrace ourselves!  we will all bring light to each other's lives.  nothing cheesy about that.  i swear.  ;)


x, Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment