Saturday, September 17, 2011

Blown by the wind – Ao sabor do vento

 Sorry for the long absence guys, there hasn’t been time for much blogging lately…

I’d like to thank all the advice on the use of hair straighteners, I really appreciate it. And here I am, showing off my straightened hair! It really works! I’m taking all the precautions most of you mentioned and I’m also using a heat protective spray. I am pleased with the results! I won’t be always wearing my hair like this, but it’s nice to change my hairdo from time to time.

Now let’s talk about the clothes I’m wearing, all made by me: the skirt is something else and it’s a Paco Peralta’s pattern (a soon to be released pattern, I was testing it for Paco). It’s not a true half circle skirt; it’s drawn from the basic skirt block which is spread into a quarter of a circle (for each back and front panels – there are two side seams). As a consequence, the waistline curve is not truly circular and the skirt hangs more evenly. It is also cut on the bias, in spite of being made from a knit fabric in this case. It’s a fabulous design which will be available in two lengths and four different sizes. The sweater was made from a BurdaStyle pattern that I’ve used a couple of times before. The sewing reviews will be up tomorrow, if you’re interested. Have a wonderful weekend you all!

ETA: Sorry guys, I wasn't able to write the sewing review yet, but in the meanwhile The sewing review is available here and you can also check out Paco's tutorial here (there you'll find a link to purchase the pattern, if you wish).



Desculpem-me a ausência prolongada, mas ultimamente não me tem sobrado tempo para os blogues…

Agradeço desde já todos os conselhos e sugestões quanto ao uso das placas alisadoras (chapinhas), foram muito úteis. E aqui estou eu, a mostrar o meu cabelo alisado com as chapas! Realmente resulta! Estou a tomar todas as precauções que a maioria de vocês mencionou e também estou a usar um spray termo-protector. O resultado agrada-me bastante! Não vou usar o cabelo assim sempre, mas às vezes sabe bem variar de penteado.

Agora vamos à roupa que estou a usar, toda feita por mim: a saia é qualquer coisa, e foi feita com um molde do Paco Peralta (um molde que será disponibilizado em breve, estive a testá-lo para o Paco). Não é uma verdadeira saia em meio círculo, pois foi desenhada a partir do molde básico de saia, manipulado até um quarto de circunferência (para cada parte, frente e costas – a saia tem costuras ao lado). Em consequência a linha da cintura não é circular, o que proporciona um cair mais uniforme da saia. Apesar de ser confeccionada num tecido de malha (neste caso), os panos da saia são cortados em viés. É um modelo fabuloso que estará disponível em dois comprimentos e quatro tamanhos. O top é feito a partir de um molde da revista Burda que já tenho usado algumas vezes. Os detalhes de costura deverão ser publicados amanhã, para as interessadas. Tenham um óptimo fim-de-semana!

Editado para acrescentar: Descumpem-me pois ainda não tive tempo de completar o artigo sobre a costura no Couture et Tricot... O artigo sobre a costura da saia está disponível aqui e podem consultar o tutorial do Paco aqui, onde também é providenciado um link para comprarem o molde, se o desejarem.








No comments:

Post a Comment